The Community Foundation of Crawford County (CFCC) is pleased to offer charitable nonprofit organizations serving Crawford County the opportunity to apply for community grant funding. This competitive grant cycle’s community grants range from areas of general purpose to areas of education that will ultimately benefit all of Crawford County.
These programs/projects include, but are not limited to such ideas as: Arts specific; focus on women and girls; equipment or supplies needed to deliver services, special certification; conference or workshop expenses for program implementation or delivery; out-of-school time education; new or expanding programs; staff or volunteer training; new collaborative ventures; and specific programs run by nonprofits. The CFCC exists to serve all demographics of Crawford County. All 501(c)(3) organizations whose grant purpose serves Crawford County residents are encouraged to apply. If area nonprofits are uncertain if their project or program is eligible, call the CFCC at 812.365.2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available on the CFCC website at www.CF-CC.org or the CFCC will email one to interested parties. This grant cycle opened on October 9, 2023. Applications are due in the CFCC office by December 1, 2023.
To assist you with ideas of the kinds of Competitive Grants that CFCC awards, the following list demonstrates those awarded in 2022-2023:
- Boys & Girls Club of Harrison-Crawford Counties in support of club safety
- CHOICES Life Resource Center in support of tech needs
- Crawford County Community School Corporation in support of Rad Science Skateboard Build Program
- Crawford County Solid Waste Management District in support of Electronics Amnesty Days
- English Food Pantry in support of refrigerator addition
- Lincoln Hills Development Corporation in support of emergency preparedness kits
- Personal Counseling Services in support of mental health services in Crawford County jail
- South Crawford Elementary School in support of positive behavior supports
- Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition in support of Center on 5th
- The Solutions Center – Southern Indiana Adult Guardianship Services in support of Connections, Solutions, and Awareness
- West Crawford Elementary School in support of playground equipment
- West Crawford Elementary School in support of PBIS equipment
- Vincennes University Jasper Campus Foundation in support of Scholastic Excellence Award
If you would like to contribute to the Funds that make these kinds of grants available, or if you would like to establish a Fund that makes awards to specific organizations, please contact Christine Harbeson, executive director.
The CFCC was founded in April 1998 by a volunteer Board of Directors that represented a variety of interests from Crawford County. To date, the CFCC has awarded more than $8 million in grants for programs/projects supporting Crawford County children and youth, education, housing, health and human services, the environment, technology advancements, literacy and the arts, and has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships benefiting Crawford County students. The CFCC currently manages more than 100 charitable funds on behalf of families, individuals, corporations and non-profit organizations, many of which fund a specific cause or organization.
For more information on the Community Foundation of Crawford County, visit www.cf-cc.org or Facebook.com/CFCC4ever, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 812.365.2900.