|The Community Foundation of Crawford County has a paid internship position available through a grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. It is available in and through the CFCC office in Marengo, IN. Please see information below. |
Position Title: CFCC Development Intern 2023
Employment Classification: Paid Internship, $15/hr., max. 40 hrs. per week for summer.
Employed by: Community Foundation of Crawford County
Reports to: CFCC Executive Director Works with: CFCC Director of Finance and Programs, CFCC Board and Volunteers
Responsibilities will vary according to the CFCC’s scheduled programs, events and development initiatives and administrative needs.
- Become familiar and comfortable with the Community Foundation and its concept, vision and mission to serve as an advocate for the CFCC.
- Be able to explain our role in the community to others
- Suggest how the CFCC might aid donor and nonprofit alike in raising needed funds.
2. Assist with scheduling, accommodating and setting up for meetings and events scheduled through the CFCC, its community room, and its Nonprofit & Education Resource facilities
3. Oversee the digitization and organization of existing paper records.
- The goal of this activity is to raise awareness of, and assist the CFCC and its identified partners with fundraising efforts. Current partners include Marengo Big Springs Old Town Church (a historic building rich in history and culture) and Breeden Memorial Library. Others may be added as the internship continues.
- Work with current and future donors.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials, on paper, on posters or utilizing online social media platforms.
- Create/record stories
- Take photos, video and audio testimony
- Assist in writing and proofing copy and scripts
- Record and track all donor information including biographical data for inclusion in the CFCC database as well as for the project databases (Excel-based)
- Assist Executive Director in executing strategic donor communications
- Assist with press releases and community communications
- Help facilitate opportunities for donors and charities to attend Foundation education events and/or programs
- Assist with donor stewardship mailings and contacts
- Work fundraising or friend raising events, with input on scheduling, as they are available.
5. Assist the nonprofit sector in general – offer assistances from our cadre of resources, become familiar and comfortable with CometoCrawford.com making referrals to it for nonprofits and businesses as well as encourage/assist with posting all community events to it.
- Inquire of involvement
- Inform and educate on this topic
- Invite and enroll organizations, businesses, churches and groups on this free county-wide resource.
- Assist however possible with posting community events of all kinds
- Refer to it as a resource whenever possible
Minimum requirements and abilities:
- Must work collaboratively with the CFCC staff, board and volunteers.
- Must be able to work with a variety of different personality types, often serving as a liaison between the CFCC and the entities who represent specific projects.
- Full or part-time undergraduate/graduate student enrolled in two-year or four-year Indiana colleges and universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools are eligible for the internships.
- Student must have completed his/her freshman year of college prior to beginning the internship.
- Must excel at verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work independently.
- Enjoy meeting new people and carrying a conversation.
- Must be eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Technology savvy – ability to use computer programs, online social media like Facebook and Instagram. Efficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Comfortable conducting telephone and in-person interviews and meeting with individuals.
- Some journalism or photography skills preferred.
- This intern will work a minimum of 20 hrs. and up to 40 hrs. each week through the Community Foundation of Crawford County in Marengo, Indiana. Summer work is likely to be full time. No overtime. No benefits. Some remote work may be possible.
Email your resume and samples of your work (pictures, writing samples, etc.) via email to email@example.com with “Intern Opportunity” in the subject line.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.